X

This very day, Rohit Sharma knocked joint fastest hundred in T20I

Speed News Desk 22 December 2019, 14:38 IST

This very day, Rohit Sharma knocked joint fastest hundred in T20I

Indian opener Rohit Sharma knocked the joint fastest century in the T20I against Sri Lanka on this day in 2017.

South Africa’s power hitter David Miller also fetched his century in 35 balls against Bangladesh on 29th October, 2017.

Rohit Sharma completed his hundred in just 35 deliveries and played an innings of 118 runs. His innings included 12 fours and 10 sixes.

Also Read: Virat Kohli Trolls Yuzvendra Chahal after bowler shared picture of himself with Kieron Pollard

The 32-year-old took the men in blue to a total of 260 for 5 after being asked to bat first in Indore’s Holkar Stadium. KL Rahul also played a rapidfire innings of 89 off 49 deliveries.

The Indian side bundled out the visitors for just 172 runs on the board. Spin wizkid Yuzvendra Chahal claimed four wickets to his name, while Kuldeep Yadav scalped three.

Taking a trip down memory lane, International Cricket Council (ICC) took to their official twitter handle and wrote, “#OnThisDay in 2017, India star batsman Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20I hundred of just 35 balls, against Sri Lanka in Indore.”

Currently, India are playing against West Indies in the series decider in Cuttack.

Also Read: Virat Kohli's fan grabs everyone's attention with tattoos on his body dedicated to Indian skipper; see pics

REALATED STORIES